Sunday, July 20, 2008

Self Defense: Company Girl 1

This is an exchange I had with yet another Company Girl on stumble upon. This post is special in that it is the shortest amount of time it took to go from total stranger to name calling to blocked.

I find that the people who I'm wrong about stand up and debate it and we usually end up being friends, but if I'm dead on, I get a whining pouting vitriolic reaction typified by the one below.

This one covers all the bases. She tried to attack virtually everything that a stranger can attack.

I find it adorable and quite telling.

(Name hidden to prevent whining.)

1:39pm How truly bizarre. I just read your 'review' and it doesn't actually make any sense. Its as though you've gone off on some weird rant that has everything to do with you and absolutely nothing to do with me or anything I've posted. Being nothing but gratuitously abusive isn't really expressing an opinion... is it ? I know abuse is your online 'act' but really .. this is intellectually bankrupt and isn't worthy even of you ... :))

________________________________________


Innomen

1:53pm Yes yes bury your head in the sand, pretend I didn't even make an argument, attack the messenger.

How original.

I suppose I shouldn't expect much more from a girl who lifted her avatar right out of cosmo.
________________________________________


(Name hidden to prevent whining.)

1:58pm I've heard from quite a few people that you have this 'problem' with girls online ... but really SU isnt supposed to be psycho-therapy. What you wrote .. referencing the 'sexuality' element of my days post .. made absolutely no sense at all. You were talking about something entirely different than what I wrote about. The review was about *you* .. not about me. I'll debate my liberal credentials with most people, but they have to at least make sense. Incidentally .. you included a couple of links in your review .. one to your own blog .. thats really not acceptable and its an abuse of the review system. You should remove them ..:)
________________________________________


Innomen

2:13pm *rolls eyes* So when ad hom didn't work now its the argument from authority. So fact is a matter of vote? Can we all get together and vote on cancer being unreal then?

"You were talking about something entirely different than what I wrote about."

No actually I wasn't that's the point, drone. Of course I don't expect you to understand or even be open to the fact that there is a possibility that you don't understand.

"Thats really not acceptable and its an abuse of the review system."

Yea I'm sure you find my work unacceptable considering that it basically show that your whole worldview is a sham.

I'm done wasting my time on you, if you wish to debate publicly I'm all for it. You're beyond help, far too drunk on attention to be of any intellectual value.

________________________________________

(Name hidden to prevent whining.)

2:21pm *laughing* .. your 'work' ? Well thats the best laugh I've had today...:)) Anyway ... thats not the point . The fact is that including external links to your own sites under the guise of reviewing is an abuse of the review system and I routinely block and remove the reviews of the spammers who do it. Its up to you but I don't provide a platform on my site for abusive rants or spamming for external sites. Anyway .. try to relax .. honestly being the playground bully is *not* going to make any girl online take ytou seriuously or take any notice of you .. believe me .. just some friendly advice ..:))


And finally, the reason I've posted it is because she blocked me, thus trying to deny me of my right to response. Whiny little girls are SO fond of this. The internet equivalent of a crank call.

So here it is. My response:

Am I supposed to be concerned that you think badly of my work? You have the intellectual value of a tick in my estimation. Just because you typed that you were laughing am I supposed to start crying now? I love how some people never leave grade school.

Including external links is my right, especially if the whole of the link's content is my material. It's called citation. I've established my opinion on the subject before and you're not worth the duplication of effort, hence the link. Calling me a spammer is slander (libel?), I don't make a dime from any of my online work. If you want to imply a breech of protocol you should look to yourself first.

And finally what makes you think I'm at all concerned what any "girl" thinks of me?

That type of assumption is exactly the kind of sexism I'm trying to kill.

News flash: Men can be motivated by things other than sex.

Thanks for the material sugar, its been a real gas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment