Friday, June 27, 2008

Self Defense: tedomatic

tedomatic
I wish I could be so much more enlightened and intelligent than the rest of society.
I doubt that.

I'm sorry they've convinced you that to speak well of yourself is somehow taboo.

I know what I am. And as disturbing as it may be to some, others find my honesty refreshing, if not simply amusing.

Ask yourself, what do you care how well I think of myself? Why are you angry at me based on it? That I'm merely wrong, and deluded? Or that I have the temerity to announce it if I'm right? Some third option I'm unaware of?

Perhaps its because you feel the same way, but were convinced as above that the idea is taboo, and hid yourself. If that is the case, don't hate me, simply love yourself. Be honest about how you feel, even if it pisses people off.

What do you have to lose? If those around you care for you based on a lie, is that real care?

My goal is not and never was merely to boast my superiority, though I do feel superior and admit to it.

There are two fundamental ways to better one's self since betterment is merely a subjective relative term.

The elevation of yourself by tearing others down, or lifting yourself up.

I'm not selfless of course. My goal is the elevation of myself though the elevation of humanity. I take considerable pride in my effort to help humanity, even if some label it delusion, or psychosis. I get an ego boost from the fact that I honestly advocate continuous improvement. The world is better for me being in it, even if the amount of improvement is absurdly small.

What's your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment