Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prostitution, and Taco Bell

A friend of mine inspired an explanation that I'd like to make public.

"I'm not ready to throw away romantic notions of a perfect companion."

Me either, I just know it can't be human. Humans can not act selflessly. It's like asking a wasp to be non-violent. It's a genetic impossibility. Selfish gene, breeds a selfish organism.

I want a mate that wants me happy first and foremost. We all do, as is evidenced by all the absurd claims of selfless love made in romantic comedies, shows, dramas, and songs, but if that were really the case, why would monogamy exist?

Because its a lie meant to assuage insecurity. They want you to think they're selfless for you, but if they really were they'd share you at times. From the male perspective an example is easy to find.

Picture this.

Couple in bed, guy wants sex, girl does not. Now normally the guy just has to jerk off or go without. I envision a world where the guy says, “Well, I'm going down to the love hotel, cool? (I love the Japanese) and the girl is like, “Right on just be quiet when you come back I gotta get up early.”

In the future his option instead of the hotel will be his sex bot.

Now before you think that's outlandish, here's a similar situation with a different animal need.

Same couple in bed, guy wants food, girl doesn't feel like cooking. Now the guy has to get food himself or go without. We live in a world where the guy's like, “Well, I'm going down to the Taco Bell, cool? (I love beef and potato burritos, no red sauce, grilled) and the girl is like, “Right on just be quiet when you come back I gotta get up early.”

Now don't tell me monogamy is about avoiding contagion, because eating out is just the same. Regulate it if you must, make it safe, sure, but saying prostitution should be illegal because it spreads disease is the same as saying eating out should be illegal because of e-coli and salmonella.

Now I am sure there are female equivalents. I won't speak to them because I'm not female.

But honestly, making it so you can only have sex with one person or you don't 'love' them is as stupid as saying you can only eat one person's cooking, and making a sandwich for yourself means you're a loser. Sex is hunger without the need for other life forms. Defending monogamy by saying you won't die from lack of sex, is like saying “Well a person can live on rice water and vitamins, so lets make all other kinds of food illegal.”

It's not about living, its about the enjoyment of life. It's about the freedom to choose what love is, and how to seek it. It's about Freedom. And no argument to my mind attacking freedom can stand in this context.

No comments:

Post a Comment