Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Self Defense: Pigasus

In which our hero Innomen laments the world's failure to grasp the genius of his self indulgent ramblings. He's leaving... well sort of... NO HE'S REALLY LEAVING... he's kind of leaving. Dude, stop saying goodbye and just go. Even money this guy is back posting in 30 days or less.


This kind of obvious misrepresentation coming from people who clearly haven't even read my work is a big part of why posting on SU has become as futile as looking for depth on myspace.

If I choose to return to SU I assure you, your opinion of said action will be even more irrelevant. I'd be glad if something changed my opinion of the community's quality as a whole. Enduring your "I told you so" would be worth a welcome trade.

I also adore how I'm given shit for being sad at people not understanding and thus adopting my position given that in my opinion the only thing I would gain if people did, would be the satisfaction of helping others.

Put that in perspective. I'm hated for being sad at the fact that people are rejecting a way to maximize both the quality and quantity of life.

That fact is why no hater will ever get under my skin.

At most they could conclusively prove me wrong about something at which point I would gladly adapt, since my goal here despite popular misconception is not to defend what I am, but to grow. And that means change.

Having said that, if I appear rigid and unthinking to you, please consider that while I do indeed want to change, maybe I just don't want to change into what you would like.

The one thing all my haters have in common is the in ability to seriously consider the possibility of me being correct.

They are so sure of that not being the case, it is so obvious to them, that they never make any real effort to prove it. Not a single point.

And after two solid years of writing at least three hours a day, its not for a lack of claims.

The reason for that is simply not even contemplated by my haters. I can say that without equivocation because those former haters who had done so, and engaged me in rational debate, typically taught me something while learning something and made a friend.

But I'm sure saying that I like making friends rather than something manly and violent about enemies makes me a loser or something.

*shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment